Federal Funding to help celebration Canada’s 150 Birthday
Posted in : Community News on by : Pooja Parekh
I would like to encourage local community groups to apply for Federal Funding to help celebration Canada’s 150 Birthday. Please note the deadline is May 31st so please apply quickly!
I’ve attached the application forms (Fund Form + Fund Budget) as well as an applicant’s guide. Please make sure you take the time to read through the applicants guide before you proceed.
Some helpful tips to keep in mind:
- The Canada 150 Fund will focus funding on projects that support the 4 Major Themes:
- Diversity and Inclusion
- National Reconciliation with Indigenous communities
- Demonstrate key stakeholders are engaged with your project
- Full recognition and incorporation of both official languages
- Activities should be new and specifically designed to celebrate Canada150
- If it is an existing event, specially highlight how Canada150 activities will be substantially different.
- Activities should be engaging and include active participation in events and activities (rather than passively observing)
- Eligible funding applicants:
- Canadian not-for-profit organizations, including corporations, trusts, cooperatives, and unincorporated associations;
- Canadian business corporations, including partnerships, trusts and joint ventures where projects are non-commercial in nature;
- Canadian schools; and
- Canadian municipal governments and their institutions.
- DEADLINE IS MAY 31ST!!
Again, please do take the time to fully read through the attached applicant’s guide before getting started, as it has more helpful tips to keep in mind.
If you require more assistance you can reach out to:
Canada 150 Fund
150 John Street, Suite 400
Toronto, Ontario M5V 3T6
Tel: 416-973-1990 or 1-800-749-7061